Rant On Webzine...

...Promoting the local music scene! Welcome to our forum! If you have any news of your own, feel free to add it on our forum!

Rant On Webzine...
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
2tmp
999 + Stiff Little Bristol - Fri 5 Nov - Rotunda Club, Kingswood, Bristol
999 Stiff Little Bristols Fri 5 Nov - 8pm-1am The Rotunda Club, Kingswood, Bristol £7.50 advance Tickets: Rotunda Club 0117 9604147; Revolution Records 0117 9147770; Bristol Ticket Shop 0117 9299008 INFO: www.2themikes.moonfruit.com tothemikes...
Views: 364   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 4, 2004 2:24pm
by 2tmp
l
LeeTPT
Lilydamwhite+Stuntface+Pushka+Reno Divorce@ Porter Butt, Bath, 12 Nov
Trailer Park Trash Present... LILYDAMWHITE Bristol based Hardcore/Hip Hop Crossover crew. If you Bath/Frome types haven't seen them yet, now's a good time to find out what all the fuss is about. http://www.lillydamwhite.co.uk/ STUNTFACE Wrexham punkers signed...
Views: 394   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 4, 2004 8:31am
by LeeTPT
d
Dave
The Get-Outs at the Stones Cross this Saturday!!!
Hello This Saturday we'll be back to rock the Stones The night will kick off at nine with mighty rocker's Strike-Eye and then we'll be on at ten with plenty of punky hits Hope you can make it down. Dave TGO's
Views: 305   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 2, 2004 2:28am
by Dave
b
Bob
Reproach (Belgium) support tbc 13th November at the Junction
Reproach from Belgium (described as Old Skool - Negative Approach sounding skate punk types! !) are playing the Junction on the 13th of November, price £4 on the door. Support as soon as I find out who I'll post them up! http://www.reproach.tk/
Views: 334   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 31, 2004 8:16am
by Bob
b
Bob
Killing Spree/Yakuza/Thread(tbc)/Tract or - Friday 12th Nov at The Junction
Here's a link to the flyer and all descriptions and doo-dah stuff - http://seis.bris.ac.uk/~kn2583/pics/crap/killingspreeflyer.jpg Cheers!
Views: 330   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 31, 2004 8:14am
by Bob
Reno Divorce, Valdez, The Setbacks, Hacksaw @ Park Central, Bristol, 13/11/04
Myself and Matt Spartan are proud to present... RENO DIVORCE-Amazing Social Distortion/Bad Religion inspired punk from Denver, Colorado, on Boss Tuneage. www.renodivorceonline.com VALDEZ-Politically inspired punk back with a new line up featuring members of...
Views: 295   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2004 5:35am
by Chris Valdez
Wunderbar, Saturday 16th October
Cant believe ive left it this late to post this, but Far-Cue are down the Wunderbar this Saturday the 16th. Its just us, no support band, and it'll kick off about 9:30 pm or 21:00 hours. Should be fun, coupla new songs for yous, so see yers there.
Views: 187   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 14, 2004 10:38am
by SteveFarcue
2tmp
HELLS / BELLS - Friday 8 Oct - Rotunda Club, Bristol
HELLS/BELLS Friday 8 October - 8.00pm-1.00am Rotunda Club, Kingswood, Bristol A MUST SEE SHOW FOR AC/DC FANS Tickets: Rotunda Club 0117 9604147 Info: www.2themikes.moonfruit.com
Views: 182   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 4, 2004 4:04pm
by 2tmp
Halloween wooooo!!! FAO all bands
Hello there musical folk, Just a quick note to see if any bands/musicians are interested in taking part in a halloween gig/party. There is no definite venue as I don't want to commit to any venues until I know I have some bands to play. Blind Silence are up for t...
Views: 173   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 4, 2004 1:39pm
by Danii - Blind Si...
t
Triggs
wunderbar lalala wunderbar lalala
Thursday 28th October @ The Wunderbar Nishe & Idol Justice Starts 9pm Free Entry www.nisheband.com www.idoljustice.tk Pop along, have some beverages and partake in a lovely evening of musical entertainment. Tis gonna rattle yer conkers kids
Views: 176   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 4, 2004 1:32pm
by Triggs
The Junction, Bristol - New Management from 1/11/04
Evening! Just a little note to say that the Junction in Bristol is changing hands on the 1/11/04, new landlord chappie? Me! So anyone want a gig or anything contact via e-mail frenzbob@o2.co.uk. First gig is on the 5th November - Strong intention from the USA w...
Views: 177   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 3, 2004 10:38am
by frenzbob
Coming soon to the happening town that isn't MSN...
A new band... THE TURNER PRIZE A young, sharp and innovative rock/pop act who fuse together the intensity that is The Libertines with guitar and bass lines almost stolen from The Smiths, Joy Division & Pixies with artisticly angular tunes to dance to lik...
Views: 182   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2004 3:39am
by Edouard
d
Dave
The Get-Outs at The Wunderbar THIS SATURDAY!
Yes Yes Yes We're back in the norton this Sat 25th Sept with support from the mighty punker's PHISTED. Show kicks off at 9pm See you there! Dave Http://www.thegetouts.com
Views: 183   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 27, 2004 4:16am
by Dave
Who'd have thought it?
For some weird reason, Far-Cue have found themselves with another gig at the Stones Cross, Midsomer Norton on Friday October the 1st. Also check out the Far-Cue web site, www.farcue.co.uk, for YOUR chance to own a piece of punk rock history.
Views: 187   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 16, 2004 5:18pm
by Kat
2tmp
The Selecter & The Great Escape - 30th Sept - Rotunda Club, Bristol
The Selecter & The Great Escape Featuring Pauline Black - 25 Years of Two-Tone Tour Thursday 30th September 2004 Rotunda Club, Kingswood, Bristol 8.00pm - 1.00am (£8.50 adv. - £10.00 on door) Tickets: Rotunda 0117 9604147; Revolution Records 0...
Views: 127   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2004 6:28am
by 2tmp
And What Will Be Left Of Them?
Hullo! Just a note to say And What Will Be Left Of Them? will be playing: THURSDAY 16th SEPTEMBER – Moles Club, Bath (with The Loves + Volcano, I'm Still Excited!!) Further details from http://www.purr.org.uk http://www.andwhatwillbeleftofthem.co.uk
Views: 129   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 10, 2004 9:46am
by Kate
Valdez, Duffus, Shut Up Benson, Idol Justice, Welton Rovers 11/9/04
Valdez-Midsomer Norton punk veterans-last ever gig for Lee, Pez and Tom...going out with a bang! Duffus-Nottingham emo punkers in the vein of Jimmy Eat World. Shut Up Benson-local up and coming punk...tasty. Idol Justice-Midsomer Norton based metal, recently...
Views: 123   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2004 4:27pm
by Chris Valdez
For the ATTENTION of bassists!
Are you a young, sharply dressed and dedicated? My band is looking for a reliable bass player in the Somerset area to join an up and coming act called THE TURNER PRIZE. Our targets include making as much money as possible and conquering TOTP? If you are...
Views: 156   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 5, 2004 9:59am
by Edouard
Tuesday! Tuesday! Tues-day! Like...
Baby baby baby! This coming Tuesday (August the 3rd) sees Midsomer Norton’s answer to Midsomer Norton, The House of Lords, walking to a van and getting into it before driving to Bristol and then playing an exciting live concert (full original line-up! In person...
Views: 150   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 2, 2004 8:47am
by ralph
Hayley & KT???
Got your email! can you email me one of your addresses so i can post you the cd/press release please Nishe_Band@hotmail.com
Views: 142   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2004 5:32am
by Trigger
Final of Current Poll!
dun dun duuuuh....the final outcome of our current poll was the following: Which out of the following is the best local venue to play at?... THE CHEESE & GRAIN, Frome was voted the best! What is your favourite colour? The favourite colour seems to be.... PI...
Views: 237   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 9, 2004 4:35am
by Kt
b
ben
please help full fat milk out
full fat milk have entered the bbc wiltshire battle of the bands first round, it means that a selection bands including us have been put on the site and we need people to vote for us so we have a chance of winning, you will be able to sample our music as well please...
Views: 125   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 23, 2004 7:35am
by ben
DEAD PETS pull out of Sat's Bath Gig due to illness
This just in from Dead Pets's manager. This Saturday's gig will still be going ahead with a replacement band. 'You may have seen on The Dead Pets website that Sweeney was rushed to hospital last Thursday night with DVT in his right shoulder. For a while it looked...
Views: 121   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 19, 2004 7:59am
by Trigger
Fruit Of The Doom News.
Alright folks. Been a bit absent of late! Here's some words.. Thought it was about time for an update on all things Doom and to post some gigs.... Main news in the stable is that Jay aka DJ Rogue has left the band. Jay's had a lot of other projects on of...
Views: 132   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2004 2:15pm
by snoo gliffer
This Saturday...
Hello you! This SATURDAY AT THE WUNDERBAR has been specifically tailor-made with YOU in mind: Pete Wylde Management and SBX Entertainment present: THE HOUSE OF LORDS CARL WHITE ULYSSES Saturday May 8th, Wunder Bar, Midsomer Norton (Directions –...
Views: 214   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 10, 2004 9:01am
by RTA
Indica + Idol Justice this Saturday (8th)
Hey everyone, this saturday sees the last gig at the Stones Cross with Von and Phil in charge, and its gonna be historic. Idol Justice - 8:45 til 9:30 Indica - 9:30 til 11 This is gonna be great, we want 2 see everyone at this one to rock out and to give Von and...
Views: 134   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 9, 2004 12:32pm
by Ktee
Far-Cue Freak Show on Friday
I know Trigger has already mentioned it on here, i'm plugging the same thing but under a different header!!!! Fooled Ya!!! Seriously though, everyone get to the Cheese and Grain this Friday, you're bound to like one of the bands, they're all great. Kick off at 8 pm...
Views: 116   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 7, 2004 2:30am
by Trigger
Bye Von & Phil
BLACKFIRE will be paying their final respects to Von & Phil at the Stones Cross on Saturday 1 May. At full volume of course! They said they wanted us to be one of their last bands, and it looks as though that's what's happening. Feels like we've been playing t...
Views: 134   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 4, 2004 9:04am
by Perfect
d
Danii
Hulloooooo!!!
hullo peoples!! i thought i'd pop along and give a little tootles wave! *waves* so there we go, anyways hullo! hehe muchos love
Views: 139   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 3, 2004 4:25am
by 8
MC RTA MP3s
http://www.soundclick.com/mcrta The man is a legend. Once he sat on the back of the bench outside the Town Hall down Norton and spat at passers by for 4 days. Safe!
Views: 141   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 30, 2004 8:07am
by RTA
Giggage @ The Cheesy Groin
Friday 7th May @ The Cheese & Grain, Frome Far Cue Sharia Law Nobody's Heroes Nishe Starts 8pm (i think, steve?) Entry £4.50 (adv) £6.00 Door http://www.farcue.co.uk http://www.hooligan-music.co.uk http://www.nisheband.com http://www.cheeseandgrain.c...
Views: 168   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 30, 2004 6:46am
by SL KEV
2tmp
The Beat + The Simalators - Next Friday 7 May, Bristol
The Beat + The Simalators Friday 7th May - Bristol The Rotunda Function Centre, Kingswood, Bristol If anyone is down this way it promises to be a great night. Tickets are available from Bristol Ticket Shop www.bristolticketshop.co.uk; The Function Cen...
Views: 106   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 28, 2004 6:32am
by 2tmp
Valdez/Bad Blood split 7"-now taking pre-orders!
Following on from our recent "Rock n' Roll Tyranny" CDEP, we have wasted no time getting this release out. Featuring two tracks from each band, the vinyl is being released by renowned German label Campary Records (Disorder, Oi Palloi, Naked Aggression.) The Valde...
Views: 105   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 26, 2004 3:17am
by Chris Valdez
THE DEAD PETS+ONE CAR PILE UP+THE ATTIKA STATE. Porter Butt, Bath 22/05
Trailer Park Trash welcome back Leeds Ska-core nutters DEAD PETS (Think Filaments with Hacksaw's humour). They put on a blinding show for us back in November and you may have seen their singer Sweeney Todd on ITV's 'Faking It' Programme Support comes from.........
Views: 94   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2004 1:30pm
by LeeSetback
The Get-Outs at the Stones Cross this Friday!!
I'm aware this is a bit short notice but its an end of a very special era for us this Friday at the Stones so a great turnout would be ace. See you there Dave http://www.thegetouts.com
Views: 136   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 23, 2004 10:05am
by SteveFarcue
*** FRIENDLY WARNING TO BANDS PLAYING THE BIERKELLER ***
Both The Setbacks and Far-Cue were conned last night, by the Bierkeller in Bristol. Im not slagging off the venue, im just saying that if you're approached to play, all you bands out there, be VERY careful about what you agree to. Ensure that there is NO PAY TO PLA...
Views: 135   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 21, 2004 10:00am
by SteveFarcue
Attn Steve Farcue
Could you get in touch with me about Tuesday night? I've lost your phone no.!! Cheers Lee
Views: 112   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 18, 2004 6:02am
by SteveFarcue
Far-Cue+ The Setbacks+ The Dirty Whites@Bierkeller, 20 Apr
Far-Cue+ The Setbacks+ The Dirty Whites @ The Bierkeller, Bristol , 20 April. 8pm, £4 This is a Venue Magazine showcase night, Hope to see a bunch of you there! www.bristolbierkeller.co.uk 0117 9268514
Views: 123   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 16, 2004 1:16am
by LeeSetback
Skankt + Catchit Kebabs + Monkeyscrub@Porter Butt, 24 apr
A night of upbeat Ska and Ska-punk brought to to you by Trailer Park Trash promotions Doors open 8pm, £4 in. 16 + only wwww.trailerparktrash.org.uk 07976 152694
Views: 131   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2004 2:38am
by LeeSetback
4 Ft Fingers+Tiny Elvis+The Setbacks+Alternative Carpark@Frome C&G, 16 Apr
4 Ft Fingers + Tiny Elvis + The Setbacks + Alternative Car Park @ The Cheese & Grain, Frome , 16 April. £6 A night of quality punk rock in deepest Somerset. Box Office (01373) 455420 Mon-Fri 9.30am - 2.30pm Sat 9.30am - 5pm Office (01373) 455798 Fax (01373) 45576...
Views: 99   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2004 2:32am
by LeeSetback
Idol Justice @ Glastonbury!!!
Eyup, today we won a battle of the bands judged by glastonbury organiser 'Michael Eavis' and we will be performing at this years Glastonbury Festival!!! We are soooooo excited as this has been a life long dream for us all and cannot wait So every1 who is going 2...
Views: 200   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 7, 2004 10:29am
by Hayley
Far-Cue........again........
Hate to overkill the Forum with my silly little postings, but just had to plug the Far-Cue gig on Saturday night ( the 3rd ) at the Wunderbar. We never get a big crowd down there and would like that to change.
Views: 201   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 6, 2004 5:28am
by Kt
Really Funny Simpsons Parody!!!
I found this really funny Simpson's Parody. I thought you guys might enjoy it Click here: The Singhsons URL: http://www.ansme.com/reference/humor/singhsons.html
Views: 165   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 1, 2004 2:42am
by The Simpsons
New Far-Cue album for sale
Far-Cue have completed their 7th studio album, and it is now available to buy from the site, www.farcue.co.uk. It's only a fiver, it contains 10 tracks, and every one of them will take yer face off. You know you want one.
Views: 132   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 30, 2004 9:34am
by SteveFarcue
Phinius Gage+Right Turn Clyde+Capulet@Porter Butt,Bath 27/03
Trailer Park Trash presents - The Deckcheese Tour swings into town with our old favourirtes PHINIUS GAGE and new signings RIGHT TURN CLYDE ably supported by Ex-JellyBelly singer Adam's new band CAPULET. Porter Butt, London Rd, Bath, 8pm £4/£3.50 16+ only
Views: 122   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 27, 2004 4:43am
by LeeSetback
The brand new Nishe website
ladies & gentlemen http://www.nisheband.com
Views: 133   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 26, 2004 6:32pm
by Trigger
Upcoming Valdez Giggage
Catch the filth at one of the following: March 26th 2004-Welton Rovers FC, Midsomer Norton (w/Dangerfields/Idol Justice/Shut Up Benson) April 8th 2004-Poortgebouw,Rotterdam, Netherlands April 9th 2004-TBC April 10th 2004-Vrankrijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands April...
Views: 128   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2004 12:03pm
by Chris Valdez
Dangerfields, Sickness of Mankind, Idol Justice, Shut Up Benson 27/3
The Dangerfields-Rock n Roll punk from Belfast-think AC/DC meets the Dwarves-anyone who saw them at the Wunderbar will testify to how good they are! Sickness of Mankind-Members of Valdez and the Surfin' Turnips team up in an old school political hardcore side proj...
Views: 144   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 25, 2004 5:33am
by Kate
Ten New Toes wanna rock
We play Old School punk rock and are from Florida. We wanan tour and play all over.If you can hook us up that would rock. Check us out at www.tennewtoes.com Thanks, Adam tennewtoes@yahoo.com www.tennewtoes.com
Views: 151   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 24, 2004 11:46am
by Chris Valdez
j
Jeff
Whitmore/Phinius Gage @ Full Moon/Eclipse.
Saturday 22nd May 2004. The Full Moon/Eclipse. Whitmore Phinius Gage Local Support. £5 adv/£6 otd. Skate ramps will be set up in the courtyard for bands/fans.
Views: 128   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 23, 2004 3:04pm
by Jeff
1 2
Free Forum powered by Bravenet